[TenTec] Orion 1.372 Stability

Toby Pennington toby423 at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 12 11:58:40 EST 2005

According to what I have heard lately the next version update for the Orion is going to address the instabilty issues and allow for more smooth  operation of all the Orion functions.

This has been in the works since the last hamfest in Sevierville and new BETAS for this new rewrite are set to be released soon to the BETA testers.  If one of the BETA testers could enlighten us a bit on what is hapenning with this new series of updates without compromising any secrets it would be helpful to all on the list.

However,  I do know it involves a complete rewrite of the DSP code for the processors and will be called 2.0.  We were told this at the last hamfest.

There is a lot of excitement about this as it is expected to clear out all the persistent issues we have been experiencing in the past.

Toby   W4CAK