[TenTec] [INRAD] INRAD 765 filter for Ten Tec Omni

Chuck Guenther ni0c at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 16 11:50:33 EST 2005

Bill, K3UJ wrote: "How many think they
would buy 250 and/or 400 Hz plug-in filters with a 500 Hz pitch offset (9  Mc
IF) for their Omnis?  If I'm not mistaken, it might be worth a  production
run..."

Since I already have the Ten Tec 221, I'd prefer to see such a filter with a 400 Hz bandwidth.  The INRAD 753 is one of my favorite filters, since it seems to be a good tradeoff between insertion loss and selectivity. Tweak it down a hundred hertz and it might be the perfect match for the 765.

As I mentioned in my earlier post to the INRAD list, using two 765's-- one in the roofing filter and one downstream as a 9 MHz IF filter might also work pretty well.

73,
Chuck  NI0C