[TenTec] NO XMIT WITH PTT

Ron k8fg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 20 16:57:29 EST 2005

Steve N4LQ wrote:

>Ron
>Tx Loop button? What's that? In the "Transmitter" menu, I have a "Enable
>keying loop" button. Is that what you meant? I have mine disabled since I
>don't use a TT amp with the Peg. On your N4PY front panel, do you have the
>"Xmit Disable" activated? If so, disable it. Also check the "ACCInp" button.
>For microphone input it should be disabled.
>If all this doesnt work, try the basic TenTec software and start all over.
>Out of ideas. 73
>Steve Ellington
>N4LQ at iglou.com

Hi Steve and Carl,
I have the latest ver of software and in the top row of buttons there is
a Tx Loop button after the Calibrate.
When I left click on this button it will go into xmit. If I go into the
settings/transmitter menu and
uncheck Keying Loop the rig goes into xmit. ACCInp is disabled.
I am starting to believe I have a rig problem, if I short the Ptt pin in
the mic connector to ground
there is no xmit also did the same test with the Acc connector with the
same results.
Ron/K8FG...