[TenTec] NO XMIT WITH PTT

Ron k8fg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 20 19:34:05 EST 2005

Ron wrote:

>Steve N4LQ wrote:
>

>>.7v? NOT GOOD. Do this:
>>Unplug everything from the Peg except for the 12v power, including the
>>computer. Turn it on. Measure the PTT again. If it still reads .7v, you've
>>got hardware problems. If it jumps up to 5v or so then you have something
>>plugged into either the assc. jack, key jack, or mic jack that is shorting.
>>
>>Steve Ellington
>>N4LQ at iglou.com

Hi Steve,
I unplugged all except pwr. still .7v, I checked this at the circuit
board plig-in and the same.
Following the circuit back from the board  4 pin jack there are 2
surface mount components.
The first  closest to the jack end of the circuit measures .70 one one
side and .73 on the other
pos a chip res. When I check the 2nd chip component I measure the .73
and 4.6v on the outer side.
This suspect chip has a marking of EO1 or E01 on it, very hard to see.
Might be a cap. Any idea
what it is and it's value ?
Ron/K8FG...