[TenTec] TT vs. Palstar Antenna Tuner

Clark Savage Turner csturner at kcbx.net
Tue Mar 22 11:08:25 EST 2005

You know, the NYE tuner is truly "built like a tank" but I had one and
gave it up pretty quickly because the tuning range was more limited on
my particular antennas than for my Johnson matchbox and my Drake
MN-2700.  Oh, and as far as "built like a tank" - look inside the Drake
MN-2000 sometime.  Whoa.

I am very satisfied with the Ten Tec 238 tuner, by the way.  I
sometimes want to replace the switches with something more beefy, but
my measly 500 watts (the Herc II) never bothers the switches at all.
Always tunes up fine and simply.  It convinces me that I want to build
a tiny reversible-L tuner for my QRP / portable work (unless Ten Tec
has one on the drawing board :-)

Clark
WA3JPG