[TenTec] FS: Ten Tec S-30, RX-10, 405, 251,244, 509 etc.

Barry Gross barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 07:59:21 EST 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 23:04:20 -0500, VE3JC John <jbcumming at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Selling a couple of Items which may be of interest ...
>
> # 1. Ten Tec S-30 Signalizer - $90 US Sorry, It's Sold !

Evidently John sold his Signalizer.  I'll offer mine up for sale.
It's in mint condition with original sales receipt/documentation.
There's a description of the Signalizer on his Web site at
http://www3.sympatico.ca/jbcumming/Pelf4sale.htm

$80 shipped OBO

73,
Barry N1EU

A rare accessory for Powermite or Argonaut rigs.  Many Ten Tec fans
are not even aware of its existence.  This is one of a couple of
pieces of Ten Tec gear that features the "glowing" Ten Tec Logo.

 To quote someone else's description of the S-30:

"The S-30 gives you ...  very nice CW filtering and siganl
conditioning on three fronts.  First it has a very nice DISCRETE
COMPONENT amplifier/agc circuit to work with the PM1/2 or other
direct-conversion radios with no audio amp built in.  Also works well
with rigs like the Argonaut that have audio amps – The audio quality
and agc action are super.  Second, this the high-end signalizer which
has the switchable 400 Hz CW filter with adjustable stop-band
attenuation.  This again is not a tiring IC filter but a passive
discrete filter that is low-noise and a pleasure to use.  No more
headaches and ringing in your ears ...  Finally, it has a "shaped
response" speaker centered around the usual CW note (750 Hz as I
remember) to physically attenuate noise... from the desired CW
signal."

Sorry I don't have the manual.  But the unit works great with my Argonaut.