[TenTec] Orion Power Connector orientation

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Wed Mar 23 13:57:46 EST 2005

As part of installing a battery backup system for my station, I was putting
a new heavier duty power cable together for my Orion this morning.
Used the diagram of the rear panel as shown in the manual to orient the
lead polarity in the connector.  Double checking before inserting the pins
in the shell, I discovered that it was backwards from the correct polarity
and from the existing cable.

Either my Orion is not assembled correctly, meaning the chassis
connector was installed upside down, or the diagram as shown on page
25 of the Rev. 3 manual is incorrect.  It shows the flat sides of the
connector closest to the cabinet edge when in fact they are oriented the
opposite direction (in my Orion at least).  + power is on the top as shown.