[TenTec] SSTV?

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Wed Mar 23 12:02:49 EST 2005

Jack,

Do you already have your Orion audio hooked up to you PC for digital modes,
such as PSK31? If so, that's all you need hardware wise.

If you don't have the audio output setup, the simplest connection would be
to make up a cable to go from the Orion's Line out to your computer sound
card's Line in. The only thing the cable needs is the correct connectors,
you shouldn't need any level adjustment or isolation. Or you can use the
audio output from the AUX I/O jack.

Go to http://mmhamsoft.ham-radio.ch/ and download a program called MMSSTV.
It's free, and one of the better SSTV prorams. I downloaded MMSSTV111G over
the weekend.  It does a good at receiving and a lot of the people I hear
sending are using it, so it's probably good for that, too - I mostly just
watch. The download is only about 2.5 Meg and the installation is very
simple.

73,
Mark