[TenTec] First Time PTO Rebuild

Scott / W4PJ w4pj at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 24 10:35:56 EST 2005

It's been several years, but there was a thread on one of the TT lists about
de-gunking the old coagulated grease and flushing it out without
disassembling the PTO.  Then squirting new grease in.  Reassembling the PTO
was a bear for me.  I'll try the "easy" way next time first, by heating with
a heat gun or hair dryer and squirting denatured alchol in there with a
Pre-Val sprayer to flush out the gunk.  Then use a lithium grease from a
spray can with a long straw to re-lube it.  If that doesn't work, then I'll
start taking it apart.

Anybody remember that thread and what was determined to be the usual result
of such a short-cut?

Scott / W4PJ