[TenTec] care and feeding of TiTan fan ..

Tim Heasman tim at sideswiper.plus.com
Fri Mar 25 08:42:52 EST 2005

Hi All,
I have an original Titan that has not been used for about10 years.  I am now
very concerned that the PSU might have problems if I was to power it up.

I do remember that my fan was rather noisy when I first purchased the amp.
The noise was from the fan unit being too tightly coupled to the chassis.
As far as I remember I just slackened the fixing bolts a little, and this
reduced the noise from the motor considerably.

If it is the air noise due to the flow rate that is bothering you I would
not recommend that you reduced the flow rate by any means as those tubes are
getting very expensive.  Get  noise reducing mic and headphone set instead.

73

Tim g4lmh