[TenTec] Zero beating.

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Fri Mar 25 13:32:32 EST 2005

Zero beating your transmit signal to that of the station you are calling
is not necessarily the best thing to do. I agree that we should all
learn how to do it and know where we are putting our signal relative to
others. Yes, you want your signal in the other stations receive
bandpass, and as close to the center of it as possible when he/she is
using a narrow filter. That frequency may or may not be zero beat with
his/her transmit signal. Operating split by a few hundred Hz or even kHz
is more common working DX. Even in a ragchew or round table QSO, when
signal levels permit, it is nice to hear a variety of tones intead of
all the same note.

DE N6KB