[TenTec] using amp to load rain gutter

Bwana Bob wb2vuf at qsl.net
Mon Mar 28 09:52:52 EST 2005

Yes, that's mucho RF! Any avionics equipment that my company builds for
a navy appplication has to be tested in a 200 V/m field. These tests are
done with the equipment (and us) in separate shielded rooms. We don't go
anywhere near that much RF. Now I would hope that the lobes of the
search radar antenna patterns are well above the flight deck. Bouncing
radar off the flight deck would surely result in a lot of multipath and
false radar images. Still, there must be smaller secondary lobes, and of
course don't stand in front of any aircraft like A-6E's when their
radars are on. Don't park the fuel truck there, either!

Our amateur RF radiation is miniscule by comparison!

		73,

			Bob WB2VUF