[TenTec] TT Amplifier Connections 101

John Pfeifer jpfeifer at gci.net
Tue May 3 13:43:41 EDT 2005

Could someone out there who has experience with the lineage of Ten Tec rigs
give me an overview of the various methods used to key Ten Tec amplifiers as
the rigs have evolved?

>From past reading of the group I know that sometime during the run of the
Corsair II, they changed from KEY/KEYER OUT to TX EN/TX OUT setup they use
today.  As I understand it, with the KEY/KEYER OUT method you keyed the
amplifier first, which then keyed the rig.

How did the Omni A/D/B/C series handle amplifier keying?  I assume they had a
different setup and seem to recall reading something about an amp keying
relay...

I've read that a early-run Corsair can be modified to use the TX EN/TX OUT
method.

Can the Omni A/D/B/C also be modified in this fashion?

Thanks & 73,
John Pfeifer - KL0WN