[TenTec] Orion ASCII command info

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Wed May 4 18:37:19 EDT 2005

> Martin -- a comment - something I would like to have is the
> ability to disable the audio "un-squelch"  on control
> rotation. I don't mind pressing the control to get audio back
> - but I continually  bump one or the other AF gain controls
> and opening the af when I want it off

That sounds less like an ASCII control interface issue than something which
should go as a suggestion to ditsnbits at tentec.com.

I concur, by the way.  A press to mute and another press to unmute (rather
than just control rotation) would cause less accidental unmuting.  Somewhere
along the line of firmware revisions, I seem to recall that T-T reduced the
sensitivity to rotation.  Reducing it a bit further might not hurt.

It's probably a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation for T-T,
since there are likely to be just as many proponents of leaving it well
enough alone as not :-)

Grant/NQ5T