[TenTec] Phase Noise on Jupiter

Toby Pennington toby423 at earthlink.net
Wed May 11 14:35:20 EDT 2005

I hate to change the subject of getting ripped off on the auction sites.  But I have been playing recently with several Jupiters and notice that there is a phase noise interjected on  cw signals, expecially the stronger ones.  This is on receive only.

I read in the archives a thread about this in 2001 but never could find a conclusion or a fix for the problem.  Turning down the RF gain or engaging the ATTN does not seem to help.

Some would call this a raspy cw note.  Moving the power supply away from the rig doesn't help any.   Is there an answer for this characteristic of the Jupiter,  or is it just  something a Jupiter owner just has to enjoy.

Toby  W4CAK