[TenTec] Hissness

NZ8J nz8j at woh.rr.com
Thu May 12 15:46:39 EDT 2005

I have experienced the same problem with various rigs (Ten Tec's and others)
and I use an external audio filter to mostly eliminate the high frequency
hiss while not hindering the cw signal. I've used the OHR SCAF, Idiom Press
Scaf, various Datong's, and other analog audio filters with good results.
Although they do help, I don't find the external DSP filters to be quite as
good for this purpose. It doesn't fix the root of the problem, but it sure
makes listening to the signals a lot more pleasant.  As a side note, I've
found this to also take care of many of the thumps, and other artifacts on
the sidetone sometimes heard during qsk operation.

just my 2 cents....
Tim
NZ8J