[TenTec] HOW ABOUT HISS ELIMINATION ?

Bill MeKeel bmekeel at comcast.net
Sun May 15 14:59:44 EDT 2005

I couldn't help not putting a spin to this discussion.  I recently had a terrible hiss coming from my Icom 740 with the audio gain control at zero.  It  led me to bypass the audio output chip of the Icom and run the line level output to the input of the audio board of my TT 540.   The Icom is dead quiet now with the audio gain control at zero.   I am questioning whether or not it is more realistic  to look at a  redesign of these circuits in question rather that a filtering out of the problem after the output.    Regards, Bill  K6LK