[TenTec] Burned at the bay

Larry Greenberg N5BEA larrylg1 at excite.com
Mon May 16 15:53:29 EDT 2005

Under no conditions refund the scammer one penny.  I have sold ham gear all over the world on the bay.  I can only tell what I would do if someone would try to screw me.   Above all remain cool.. Hams are natural communicators.  For email  compose an interesting and clever response on the "an open letter" format  warning the world about the scam artist, as if you are providing a public service.  DO NOT DEBATE THE ISSUE.  Save it to note pad and use cut & paste.   If you are bothered on the air or telephone etc. Number one be very polite.DO NOT DEBATE. Avoid discussing the claim.  You perhaps, cannot beat an accomplished lier at his specialty. Have your scenario about warning folks down.Inject a little humor.   Lots of times bad comments about you will go away with a simple, "o yea, for sure"..  Thank every one..Kill them with kindness.  One more thing,  If your "neighbors" are drinking, you cannot reason with a drunk.  But, they usually have a short attention span.Larry
GreenbergN5BEA--- On Sat 05/14, < CROCDONZ1 at aol.com > wrote:From: [mailto: CROCDONZ1 at aol.com]To: tentec at contesting.comDate: Sat, 14 May 2005 21:16:35 EDTSubject: Re: [TenTec] Burned at the bayguyshere is a copy of the response i got from the seller. i guess there is always 2 sides to every story. i thought this should be posted here as he was flamed pretty bad. people jump to conclusions with out getting all of the facts first. don-kd9mf his response to my first emailthe man purchased the radio, the unit was in perfect operating condition the man wanted it shipped out of the u.s. using the u.s. postal service i did not want to i wanted to use ups and put insurance on it. he wanted to go the cheaper route. he then asked me to declare the unit as a 65.00 vale and declare it as a gift. this was so he would not get hammered on the import cost. i agreed and i did. the u.s. postal service took 6 weeks. and now he says the unit does not work properly. he wanted 130.00 he only
payed 2.14 plus the shipping. i think he is either a scammer, or the unit was damanged durring shipping. in any event this was not my falt. he could have put insurance on the unit and shipped it ups. he would have received the unit, and in the event it was damanged he could have put a claim on it.2nd responsethat is fine that you post it. i can also provide the ten-tec paperwork that shows that the unit was factory alligned. there was plenty of pictures of the unit, and i had more if he would have requested them. the extra board that was put into the unit has the manual for it in with the original manual for the unit. the only questions he asked about the unit was about shipping. now i am getting harassing emails from other hams stating that they know where i live and that they are right around the corner from me. that is not very good. i am still not going to give him a 130.00 refund on a 214.00 unit. the unit worked perfect, and i think that he is just a
scammer._______________________________________________TenTec mailing listTenTec at contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/tentec