[TenTec] Corsair II Questions

Jerry Volpe kg6tt at tomorrowsweb.com
Tue May 17 19:07:28 EDT 2005

Well I finally found what I hope to be a very nice Corsair II station
complete with all filters, 960 PS and remote VFO. It should be delivered
in about a week. It won't be the same as my venerable Omni-C station
that I mistakedly traded off... but should have its strong points too.

In the meantime I do have a couple of basic Corsair II questions:

1. What is the mic input impedance and voltage range for this
transceiver? Is there a mic 'voltage' on one of the mic connector pins
and if yes, what is that voltage? Will the Ten-Tec Model 705 be a good
match?
2. Has anyone installed K4DPK's PTO stabalizer in their Corsair II and
if so what feedback can you provide?
3. There are a few Corsair II  'mods' floating around. I am not too
crazy about mods to Ten-Tec gear as they do a darn nice job... but are
their and strong suggestions? I really prefer a nice, clean CW sidetone
and not a triangle or SQUARE wave...
4. Is there a way to move the CW receive/transmit offset closer to
400-500 hz? My ears are not crazy about 750hz tones.
5. I read that there was an internal highpass filter option for the
Corsair II at some point. Anyone have any hard info on this filter. I
have very, very strong local BCB stations which wreak havoc on my other
Ten-Tec transceivers. (Currently I am using an external, transmit
capable ICE BCB filter in front of my transceivers.)
6. For Field Day I'll be running the Corsair II on batteries. Anyone
have a compatible over-current circuit suggestion?

73,
Jerald, KG6TT