[TenTec] Orion firmware upgrade

ac5aa@juno.com ac5aa at juno.com
Sun May 22 18:00:32 EDT 2005

>From the discussions I had with the TT guys at Dayton, the new firmware revision is a ways off yet.  A total rewrite is a major undertaking, so it will not be a quick turnaround item.  There were no new products at the TT booth that I could see.  The crowd seemed to be constant there.  Overall, Friday attendance seemed busier than normal, and Saturday seemed lower than usual.  However, from a couple of vendors who were there that I know, business seemed up from last year, with two in particular being almost sold out by the end of Friday.  That has to be a good sign.

I was very pleased to find Pietro Begali there in the outside flea market selling his wonderful paddles (www.i2rtf.com).  I purchased one of his magnetic Traveller keys to use mobile with the leg strap.  I highly recommend his keys - they are excellent and quite a bargain for what you get.  (The usual caveats - I have no pecuniary interest - merely a very satisfied user.  This is my 2nd Begali key, and probably not my last.)  I think he will be back next year in an indoor booth.

  73, Duane