[TenTec] Propm RX

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Sat May 28 17:31:52 EDT 2005

> I agree. The receive audio is lousey on the Orion.

Maybe you just need a decent speaker.  Or perhaps your inner ear needs some
work :-)

The Orion has excellent SSB receive audio, as good or better than any HF rig
I've used (many, new and old), and generally requires little in the way of
receive EQ.  I do much prefer it with a little more than the usual bandwidth
(say around 3 Khz or so), but that's no different than most radios which
sound like cr*p at the typical narrow bandwidths everyone want to use.

Of course, it would benefit greatly from a pair of P-P 6V6's in the output
stage, but I doubt that's in the plan :-)

Grant/NQ5T