[TenTec] SSB recieve audio?

Barry Gross barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Sun May 29 08:46:24 EDT 2005

On 5/28/05, John L Merrill <jmerrill1 at adelphia.net> wrote:
> The OmniVI+ with the audio mod in it sounds better than an Orion.

The Inrad audio mod cannot address the problem of the notch filter and
DSP ic's being in the audio signal path fulltime, even with the
circuits disengaged.  George at Inrad confirmed this in a discussion -
their mod can only address audio limitation imposed by passive
components.  FWIW, in terms of just ssb audio quality, my modified
Corsair BLOWS away the Omni VI.  We're just talking of ssb audio
quality though ;-)

73,
Barry N1EU