[TenTec] Past TenTec Orion Software

Toby Pennington toby423 at earthlink.net
Sun May 29 14:15:27 EDT 2005

Gary,  1.367 is more stable than the current version we are using.  The
sweep works perfectly in this version and my noise problem using the
Centurion amp is improved consideralby.  Of course, You will have to go back
to using the threshold in the menu to get the band quiet since the RF gain
is not longer active as in the current version.  I have been on cw and SSB
and running the sweep have not had a failure yet in TX or RX, but may go up
to 1.369 to see how that one works.

There is also some work done with QSK in the current version which you will
not have in the older ones.  But frankly,  If I had the RF gain improvement
plus the improvement in the QSK which is in the current verion added to this
1.367, it would be all I need for my style of operating.  The radio would be
perfect for me.

Toby W4CAK