[TenTec] ORION BCI

Eric Scace K3NA eric at k3na.org
Mon May 30 09:00:57 EDT 2005

Hi Eric --

    We have an AM station about 2 miles from the W1KM site.  It's small
but runs 5 kW during the day on 1420... enough to mess up antenna
analyzers hooked to the low band verticals... and enough to trash receivers.

    Fortunately at night it drops to a 1 kW directional pattern and we
don't see it.  But we've been thinking about a filter anyhow so that we
can chase DX near sunset/sunrise on 160m.  I would be curious to learn
more about the BCI filter you are using.

73,
    -- Eric