[TenTec] More than Orion (was: ORION, THE TERRIBLE 12)

Caitlyn M. Martin mizuhoradio at yahoo.com
Tue May 31 23:11:29 EDT 2005

--- CATFISHTWO at aol.com wrote:
> quite correct, I have been on the reflector for
> about 1 day, and  you would think the only thing Ten

> Tec ever made was the orion, and I know they made at

> least 1 other radio..

At least :)

Seriously, I've been mostly deleting everything.  I
don't have an Orion and even if money were no object
it's just not my kind of radio.  I like the small, the
at least somewhat portable, and, of course, QRP or
nearly so.

I'm a very happy Argonaut V owner.  I've previously
owned the Argo (556), Scout, Delta II, Argosy,
Argonaut 509, and Triton IV.  I could see myself with
one of those again as a backup rig or a cool rig to
have.  I was tempted by the Argo with five modules Ten
Tec had at Dayton but the Argonaut V won out and I
couldn't afford both.  A 6N2 (526) is definitely in my
future plans.

Notice: no big radios in the list.

Ten Tec makes/made lots of cool products for almost
every taste.  It's certainly more than the Orion.

72/73,
Caity
K7VO/8

Caitlyn M. Martin - K7VO
http://www.mizuhoradio.com/personal/k7vo
Blog: http://k7vo.blogspot.com
ARRL QRP-ARCI #11018 ARS #445 G-QRP #11577 AK QRP #637