[TenTec] jupiter replies

ron roncasa at verizon.net
Tue Nov 1 19:55:34 EST 2005

I thank all who replied to my email, some direct and some via the reflector.
It gives me a better perpective on the various radios.

I do agree the 516 has tighter skirt and the guys in the club was really
surprise
  a "QRP" radio by "Ten Tec" really outperform the TS570 by Kenwood.
The emphasis on the names were intentional. These guys think TT is a toy
and
the far east radios are "real" man radios. (heh heh, what ever that
means...)

But the seed has been planted.
I plan on going for, at minimum, a Paragon with proper filters, to a
maximum of
Omni 6. The Plus wud be nice but I gotta be realistic. (smile)
Maybe someday someone will hit the lottery and donate a Orion II to our
club.
ok, have a gud week coming and have fun working the 'tests, wherever you
are!
Ron wb1hga
"CW, an esoteric experience"