[TenTec] Orion RX Compression question

Lawrence Stoskopf stoskopf at tri.net
Sat Nov 5 19:09:59 EST 2005

While doing my typical casual CQWW Phone effort, I typically run with the
bandwidth at 3 KHz or so, seems to help my aging ears with some of the
non-English speakers.  300 Hz PBT at the bottom of the passband.  Seldom
touch any of the other functions.

This year limited myself to 20M.  Four or five times some idiot would tune
up for a considerable time on a weak DX signal.  Give the Orion credit that
instead of covering the wanted signal, I would note that his signal would
make the background noise would go away and the wanted SSB signal would seem
to rise from the noise.

Any of you Rx tech experts know what the correct terminology for this
interaction is?

Strictly S&P, 350 Qs, 32 zones, 99 countries.  No VK, ZL, or HC8?????

Great rig,

N0UU