[TenTec] Omni VI+ Filter configuration

Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX RMcGraw at Blomand.Net
Mon Nov 7 10:40:27 EST 2005

The standard filter is a 2.4 KHz in the 6.3MHz IF.  Optional slots which are
marked but not filled from the factory are:  1.8 KHz, 500 Hz, and 250 Hz.
The 9 MHz IF has slots marked N-1 and N-2.  All are labeled likewise on the
front panel.

The 6.3 MHz optional filter are as follows:  1.8 KHz is model 288, the 500
Hz is model 285, and the 250 Hz is model 282.

For the 9 MHz IF the optional filters are: models, 216, 217, and 219 which
require the high gain setting by moving a jumper pin.  The models 218 and
220 use the low gain setting.  The jumpers are located adjacent to the
filter locations and are marked JG1 and JG2.

Optional filter specifications:
9MHz IF filters -
216 - 500 Hz 6 pole for FSK
217 - 500 Hz 8 pole for CW ** N-2
218 - 1.8 KHz 8 pole for SSB ** N-1
219 - 250 Hz 6 pole for CW
220 - 2.4 KHz 8 pole for SSB

6.3 MHz IF filters -
282 - 250 Hz 6 pole for CW **
285 - 500 Hz 6 pole for CW **
288 - 1.8 KHz 8 pole for SSB **

Hope this helps.  The ** after the filter is the way I have mine configured
and it's great!

73
Bob, K4TAX