[TenTec] 6 Meter Antenna

Greg G seminole791 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 18:16:19 EST 2005

I agree with K4TAX with his suggestions. In this case, you would be better served to construct a simple dipole for 6 or even a full wave loop. Since your existing loop is fed with coax the losses would be too great on 6 even if you had a tuner to make the radio happy. Might be a different story if your loop was fed with ladder line but still would not be the best route to go.

I would also agree that a beam would be the way to go, especially running 8 watts as the 1208 does. Personally I don't have a beam but I use a full wave horizontal loop at about 25 feet.

I noticed that you are in the Detroit area based on your signature. I am basically across Lake Huron from you (Georgian Bay) and perhaps we can work each other. I too have a 1208 transverter so maybe we can chat some time.

Good luck with your 6 meter station.

73,
Greg VA3KUG