[TenTec] VI+ Filter configuration

Roger Borowski K9RB at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 8 20:06:44 EST 2005

Hi Ken,
I think everyone may have different preferences. These preferences may
actually change with age and changes with our hearing. I have found, for me,
40 some years ago I used to prefer CW tones between 600 and 700 Hz. Now I
prefer tones between 470 and 500 Hz. I run my TS-950SDX at 470Hz. and have
the Omni VI Plus set to 480hz. You may prefer 350hz and I've heard, I
believe it was Bill-W4ZV state that he prefers tones even lower than that,
which I can't even hear! I guess it's different tones for different bones???
vy73, -=Rog-K9RB=-
A-1 Operator Club, ARRL Life Member, DXCC #1 Honor Roll Mixed, Phone, CW
since 1992 and presently need 11 more on RTTY. Former member No. Ill. DX
Assn., 9th area incoming bureau sorter, Charter Member Metro DX Club, Life
member & former trustee Hamfester ARC - W9AA, CP-40, active 160M through
440MHz. since 1961. bio and photos available at www.qrz.com