[TenTec] My kingdom for a horse ...

Mike Cheponis mac at Wireless.Com
Wed Nov 9 17:52:15 EST 2005

Call them and ask.

Basically, they have the h/w done and working (I think a rig even got used in SS), but s/w (as usual) is taking longer.  On the website  http://radio.tentec.com/Amateur/Transceivers/TT565  it says they anticipate shipping in November 2005.

I told them I'd rather wait (even a long time) for the radio and have it work well w/o bugs rather than become an alpha or beta tester.  I think that's the general view from the community here - "get it right".

I remember being taught "Patience is a Virtue".

Become Virtuous!  ;-)

-Mike

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Grant Youngman wrote:

> ... or even some news on the Orion II .. :-)

p.s. That reference to Shakespeare's "Richard III" doesn't seem quite apropos here.  The Battle of Bosworth (1485) is where Henry, Earl of Richmond, killed King Richard III and gained the English crown for the House of Tudor (becoming Henry VII).

If you are a big fan of Richard III, you might want to join this society:  http://www.richardiii.net/begin.htm

Perhaps a more apt metaphor is "Waiting for Godot" by Samuel Beckett   http://www.theatrehistory.com/french/beckett002.html