[TenTec] KW Automatic Antenna Coupler Model 253

Jan ditzian at alltel.net
Sun Nov 13 12:58:54 EST 2005

I have a Ten-Tec Model 253 KW Automatic Antenna Coupler for sale.  It is
not working.

I am positive that the only thing wrong is the main T/R relay, a vacuum
relay that is no longer available under its original part number.  I
strongly suspect that the unit took an induced lightning surge, since
there was also damage to my Omni VI at the time.  When the Omni was
repaired, I discovered the problem with the tuner.  The tuner relays
operate, but do not reach a low swr, even tuning into a dummy load.
Further checking inside showed that the main relay is not operating. I
tried putting voltage directly to the relay coil, and the relay did not
operate.

I used this tuner on all bands at 1500 watts output, as long as the
mismatch was not too great.

I no longer run a KW, and I do not want to spend the time finding a
replacement relay.  I would like $300 + shipping for this unit.  I have
the operating manual.

Jan, KX2A