[TenTec] cw settings

Ron ron at morell.us
Tue Nov 15 19:56:32 EST 2005

Hello Bill,
>From what you are talking about, I must assume that grid block keying my old
HW-16 will most likely produce wide band width clicks.  I think the only
thing that can soften the keying is the rise and fall of the oscillator and
that adds chirps to the mix.  Should I leave the old radio on the shelf?  Or
just light it up for straight key night?  On the other hand, it seems most
of the 200 watt Yaesu rigs I've heard key pretty hard too. Wish they would
send me my ORION II so I could adjust the rise and decay time of the keyed
output.
Ron
KA7U