[TenTec] repair of Herc II amp RE Phil (k4dpk)

Phil Chambley, Sr. k4dpk at comcast.net
Tue Nov 15 23:59:15 EST 2005

Just to keep the record straight...I did not suggest replacing only the one
that went bad, but also its mate in the p-p amplifier as well, being mindful
that they should be matched and in the same beta group as the other six.

I am only relating what has worked for me in the past, and I consider it
folly to replace all eight transistors ( 2 in each of the 4 amplifiers) when
only two of them need to be replaced (the bad one and its mate).

Of course, if you would like to replace them all, that's certainly all right
with me.

73

Phil