[TenTec] OMNI V Question

OTAKEBI@aol.com OTAKEBI at aol.com
Sun Nov 20 10:46:13 EST 2005

Ed, I have an OMNI V.
It is better on SSB over the Corsair II which I also have.
I do not have any mods on mine and no upgrades.
I do not know if you can still get the chip from Ten Tec but I  think you can
get the chip from the guy that made it for the company. The  keypad will
change and the replacement keypad, if you can find one, is a bear to  change and I
know you can't get that pad from Ten Tec.
I don't think the upgrades are worth the trouble.
If you want those up grades I would hold out for an OMNI  VI+
However, you will get a hard to fix yourself rig.
You still can't beat the Corsair II for CW.
The Corsair II is not as good as the OMNI V on SSB due to the audio and  AGC.
As you might know the OMNI V was the last of the Ten Tec easy to fix rigs
that could be completely field serviced.
Have fun,
Dan/N4VET