[TenTec] OMNI V Question

Rick Williams rick.williams at telus.net
Sun Nov 20 15:04:57 EST 2005

Sorry Dan but I have to disagree.  (Also apologies to the reflector if this
is posted twice - My ISP is on strike!)

I have had an Omni V since 1998 and converted it to an Omni V.9 in January
2000 and there's no question, I won't be going back.  I made the conversion
primarily to improve the serial port and I've computer controlled it with
several popular pieces of software including Logger32 and N1MM.  The Omni
V.9 emulates the Icom 761 and does an excellent job.

Here are a few other features that came as a bonus:

    - band stacking registers
    - direct frequency entry
    - CW spot tone
    - crystal calibration (to correct for Xtal aging)

I was fortunate to get the needed keys from Ten-Tec and have only recently
replaced the Omni V.9.  (It was replaced with an Orion in August.)  My Omni
V.9 is currently for sale and I must admit I will miss it when it has moved
on to its new home.

Thanks to Carl (N4PY) for his work in making a great Ten-Tec rig even
better.

73,

Rick
VE7TK