[TenTec] Bug = truly bad CW!

Darwin, Keith Keith.Darwin at goodrich.com
Tue Nov 22 07:42:42 EST 2005

Oh man, don't get me started.  I was copying someone a few nights ago
who had such a "swing" to their bug sending that it could not be copied,
except by the station he was working.  The swingster was working someone
using a keyer.  The difference between the two was like night and day
with the latter sounding like well formed CW and the former being a
string of very long dahs and super short dits.  Add some creative
spacing between elements, chars and words and the signal was reduced
from morse code to random intermittent-CW.

Or by bug I get

You be the judge :-)

(OK, for those who are a bit humor challenged, the above post is only
half serious.  As it proceeds it transitions from fairly serious (on an
admittedly non-serious topic) to rather tongue-in-cheek.  I apologize
now for the offense I'm nearly sure this will cause ...)

- Keith KD1E -