[TenTec] Oh yea, QRP - where is the challenge?

Mike Bryce prosolar at sssnet.com
Tue Nov 22 13:29:44 EST 2005

Let me "chirp" in here for this one..

I've always run QRP. it's fun, it's novel, and yea, very, very
efficient. I can work most anyone using the same power that lights up
the led display on my argonaut V..

but let me divert here a second.

Is it not the purpose of paying $4k for a new Orion II to be able to
pick out weak signals? I see no difference between a weak signal DX
station or my QRP signal. QRP operation tests BOTH the operators. Not
only does this test the capability of the receiver, but that of the
antenna systems as well.

and yes, when you go QRP the QRP operator may quickly end the qso..
it's just possible he is running a old homebrew rig and it just does
not have the receiver in it like that Orion you have.

and to keep on topic... my Argonaut 5 is by far the best QRP radio I
think ten tec has ever come out with. Besides the Argosy II, this one
is a whale of a lot of fun. WHile I know the design is based on the
Jupiter, the Jupiter I have does not come close to the receiver in the
Argonaut 5.

Mike, WB8VGE/QRP

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems