[TenTec] Speaking of Argo V - how are they?

Darwin, Keith Keith.Darwin at goodrich.com
Tue Nov 22 13:56:41 EST 2005

Bugs / Straight Keys / QRP - that all brings me to the Argonaut V.  I've
read on the Yahoo Argo V group that most are quite happy with the little
"gem" but some bemoan the current consumption which makes the rig less
appealing for portable or battery operation.

QST's test showed some not-so-great receiver performance for close-in
work.  How is the rig in real life?  How does it compare with some of
the top rigs from years gone by (Omni V, Corsiar II, Omni D) or some of
the middle land rigs (Argosy, Scout)?

I'm assuming the Argo V is a good 2nd rig but is not what you want for
heavy contesting or DX chasing.

- Keith -