[TenTec] Using Notch to tune CW with Omni V.

Darwin, Keith Keith.Darwin at goodrich.com
Tue Nov 22 14:11:02 EST 2005

The Omni V does not have a spot feature nor a way to turn on the
sidetone without transmitting.  Both are useful for tuning in a received
signal to get yourself on his frequency.  I found a different technique
that works well.

Set the notch to 600 hz and then tune until the signal disappears.  Then
turn the notch off.  The notch is very narrow so if you tune the VFO for
a max null when the notch is cutting 600 hz, you'll be there.  But how
to know when the notch is at 600 Hz?

For that I tuned to WWV and zero beat the carrier.  Using the digital
readout, I tuned 600 Hz away.  Now, adjust the notch to kill the
carrier.  Make note of where the notch is set and you have repeatable
600 Hz reference setting.

- Keith -