[TenTec] Oh yea, QRP - where is the challenge?

RaySoifer@cs.com RaySoifer at cs.com
Tue Nov 22 13:25:34 EST 2005

Since this is the Ten-Tec reflector, I'd like to add a kind word for the
Argonaut V.  With 20 W it's not officially QRP unless you turn the power down, but
it's a blast to operate.  I've had mine since January and use it mostly on CW
plus a little RTTY.  With wire antennas plus the AV-640 that I put up last
month, I've worked over 80 countries (sorry ARRL, "entities") with it from out
here in the desert.  Not exactly setting the world on fire, but I'm having fun.
 That's the main idea, isn't it?

For poor conditions, I've got my FT-102 and amp.  After my new Orion II
comes, I still plan to leave the Argo V hooked up and to keep using it whenever I'm
in the mood and conditions permit.

73,

Ray W2RS