[TenTec] Omni V computer interface

Carl Moreschi n4py at arrl.net
Sun Nov 27 08:04:32 EST 2005

John,

Yes, all Omni V's have a built in serial interface.  But the command set is
unique and you won't find much software that can talk "Omni V".  One
solution is to modify the Omni V and put my microprocessor chip in it.  It
makes the Omni V talk standard "Icom" over its serial port.  It also makes
the Omni V operate very similar to the Omni VI with the addition of band
regosters.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC