[TenTec] repairs

Denton denton at oregontrail.net
Sun Nov 27 22:57:16 EST 2005

Larry, the same thing happend to my Omni VI.....went back 3 times to have
both the finals and final driver transistors replaced. In my case, I was
running the rig and another hf rig at the same time on a common power
supply...on different bands and different antennas. The last time the rig
went back to TT, they only had to replace the driver transistors...which one
can do very easily.
Right now, I am running separate power supplies, Ten Tec model 961, one per
hf rig....otherwise same antenna tuners and same antennas as before. So far,
fingers crossed.
I will never be too sure what caused the finals to blow...but I think that
rf was getting into the final brick via the power supply positive lead.
As for a bullet proof cure??