[TenTec] Airpax circuit breakers

Mike Hyder -N4NT- n4nt_m_o_hyder at charter.net
Mon Nov 28 12:57:16 EST 2005

If the battery to engine-block ground lead is inadvertently disconnected,
then the transceiver may be damaged.  See paragraph 4.) B. of the following
link: http://service.gm.com/techlineinfo/radio.html

Think of it this way:  if said battery ground lead becomes disconnected and
the rig is grounded, then the negative power cable to the rig may be the
main current path from the negative battery post to ground.  Having this
lead protected may also prevent fire in that lead's insulation.  There are
probably other reasons but I can't think of them.

73, Mike N4NT