[TenTec] Fw: Your semi-annual Astron tip...

NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Tue Nov 29 10:19:29 EST 2005

Mike, do you know if the 963 has floating ground?
Of course I could measure it, but this is the easiest way to find out.

73
Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: tentec-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com]
On Behalf Of Mike Hyder -N4NT-
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 6:07 AM
To: Ten-Tec Reflector
Subject: [TenTec] Fw: Your semi-annual Astron tip...

Your semi-annual Astron tip...

People come and go from this reflector. This is a reminder that many
troubles with Astron power supplies can be cured by grounding the negative
post to the cabinet.  I did it by removing the insulators from the negative
post, scraping some paint from around the hole and putting a lockwasher on
the post when reinstalling.  Below is my correspondence with them about it.

Happy November,
Mike -N4NT-