[TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 35, Issue 62

Malcolm McLeman malcolm.mcleman at free.fr
Tue Nov 29 11:00:52 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <tentec-request at contesting.com>
To: <tentec at contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 4:19 PM
Subject: TenTec Digest, Vol 35, Issue 62

   Forgive my moving away from the usual TT content.
   Sorry Bob the Orion is a  wee bit beyond my remit, however I do manage
nicely
   with my Corsair2 pushing 90w.
> I thought contacting as many stations as possible was the contest norm!
> The only replies I have had in favour of CQWW's ludicrous zonal numbering
    was it fortuitously helps towards achieving wallpaper eg DXCC, WAZ etc.
    Isn't that rather taking advantage of an international contest and
circumventing
    the usual tedium for such awards?
    73 Malcolm/F5VBU

> To: tentec at contesting.com
>
> Malcolm wrote:  Much as I love cw contesting,
>
> Not sure what this has to do with TT, except the Orion is a superb cw
contest radio.  The objective in cq ww is to work as many in the world as
possible, with worldwide competition.  It is the number 1 contest each year.
If you don't like working literally hundreds of say W's or DL's or VE's find
something you do enjoy doing.  I S&P the entire contest, searching for
countries. My objective is not score but DXCC entities and zones.  I will
never win it, for that is not my objective. DXCC and WAZ on as many bands as
I can is my thing.   It is the one weekend a year when the family knows I am
going to be on the radio.  I operate as many contests as I can, but this one
goes on the calendar and stays there.  73 bob de w9ge