[TenTec] Airpax circuit breaker for Orion

John K Gotwals john at gotwals.com
Tue Nov 29 16:18:55 EST 2005

The prior discussion about use of an Airpax circuit breaker was concerned
with the Omni. My new Orion and 963 power supply were delivered in early
August. I complained about the noise of the fan and was told to buy a linear
power supply without a fan. Currently, I am using an Astron RS-35A power
supply with my Orion, which is driving a Drake L-4B into a ground mounted
Butternut HF6V. My ham shack is on the second floor, and I did have some rf
feedback problems on several bands when using the amplifier on SSB, but I
now have that situation under control.

The discussion about using an Airpax circuit breaker for an Omni seems to
suggest that I should be using one with my Orion. A posting by Mike, W9WIS,
listed the part number for an Airpax breaker, but the current trip point was
20A. My Orion manual states that the Orion should be connected to a 22
ampere power, so I presume I should order a breaker with a trip point of 22
amps. Does this seem reasonable?

John, N9JG