[TenTec] Comments on "Repairs"

GARY HUBER glhuber at msn.com
Tue Nov 29 23:41:58 EST 2005

Larry,

Thanks for the positive response to my suggestion to use a TT 961 power supply (or the AirPAX circuit breakers referenced on their own thread). I've also seen VSWR diode failure cause the TT 960 PS circuit breaker to trip on my friends Omni D (my former first TT rig). Garland told my friend to replace the diodes (1N34s I think) and the rig would stop tripping the PS breaker. It did.

The other suggestions will help reduce RF currents and oscillations but only timely current limiting can keep the PA from being destroyed by over current during oscillation or high VSWR.

73,
Gary - AB9M
www.csm-gh.com<http://www.csm-gh.com/>