[TenTec] Advise Please

Rick Williams rick.williams at telus.net
Wed Nov 30 14:11:56 EST 2005

Keith here are a couple of links from the 1998 discussion when this all
began.  The links are Omni VI specific but the discussion also applies to
the Omni V.

By replacing both stock IF filters with the 2.8 InRads you also improve the
sound of the transmit SSB audio.

In my opinion a win-win.  That said it likely still won't sound like a
TS-830 but it will be pretty good.

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/TenTec/1998-10/msg00193.html

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/TenTec/1998-12/msg00319.html

My Omni V.9 had 2.8s in the IF but I took it back to the stock 2.4s when I
put it up for sale.

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/TenTec/2005-11/msg00050.html

73,

Rick