[TenTec] OMNI VI and fast switching amp hook up ?

Carl Moreschi n4py at arrl.net
Wed Nov 30 21:26:54 EST 2005

The timing will be wrong if you do this.  The omni VI will start
transmitting before your amp antenna relay has transfered.  What you need is
for TXOUT to energize your amp antenna relay and then use a contact on the
amp antenna relay to return ground back to TXEN.  This guarantees the amp
antenna relay transfers before transmitting begins.  This is exactly what
tentec QSK amps do.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC